Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Friends of Truth

I am a friend to all who fear you, to all who follow your precepts.
The earth is filled with your love, LORD; teach me your decrees. – Psalm 119:63-65


Friends are a special gift from God especially when they share the bond of love for Jesus. There is a deeper understanding of how important God is through the journey of life. For example, I am part of a Facebook group of women speakers, writers and leaders. In the worldly view, this would mean great competition, but in the godly view, this is a system of real love and support. The truth of God is shared. All of us in the group grow in this.

Celebrate the friends God has given you. Let them know how special they are to you and to God. God has filled the earth with his love in so many ways. When we look at creation, others, and what God provides for us, we experience his love.

Prayer: Lord, you are the God of abundance. Thank you for my good friends and all the ways you care for me. I pray that I will receive your blessings and bless others. Amen

Faith Tip: Focus today on the ways God shows his love for you. Appreciate your friends telling them how much they mean to you and to God.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: