Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Living With Risk

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. – 2 Corinthians 13:14

Seeing children at school once again in the fall is always a fun time for me. It’s amazing how much they grow from one year to the next. I love to hear what they did during the summer and what they like about school so far this year. I also find it amazing how well all the students seem to get along and actually spur one another on to do good and achieve more. They genuinely seem to care about one another. It’s a gift they give to one another.

We as Christians also have the opportunity to enjoy the gifts that God has given us in grace, love and fellowship. These are not gifts to put away to keep safe, but gifts we use every day with vulnerability. There is a risk in actively living grace, love and fellowship with one another. But it is a risk well worth taking for if we didn’t, we would not know the true richness of being one with Christ. The human experience is full of ups and downs where our hearts are bruised, but the beauty comes from the overall experience of living as Christ. He is the one who heals and strengthens us for his higher calling.

Prayer: Thank you, Jesus, for the calling you have on my life. The challenges I have experienced have made me stronger and more able to serve where you have called me. I pray that I follow you closely each day knowing you are always there with me. Amen

Faith Tip: Be vulnerable today in living out grace, love and fellowship. You are blessed to be a blessing.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: