Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Constitution

Never take your word of truth from my mouth, for I have put my hope in your laws. I will always obey your law, for ever and ever. I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts.
– Psalm 119:43-45

The Constitution of the United States stands as the foundation for our country.  It provides the framework within which our government is organized and all citizens of the United States live.  Without the Constitution there would be chaos, rebellion, lack of freedom and our country could not stand. It is the Constitution that has provided our nation a foothold to move forward into the future.

As Christians we have another citizenship in God’s Kingdom.  God’s word is the foundation on which we stand as citizens in this Kingdom.  God’s word provides us with the laws and commands that inform us how we are to live in our relationship to our King.  Without it we would be lost to the control and vices of God’s enemy.  God’s word is a foundation that provides us with direction, peace, freedom and an understanding of who we are in God.

Prayer: Thank you Lord for your word.  I thank you that it provides me with direction in how to live within your Kingdom.  Help me to always obey your law, forever and ever. Amen.

Faith Tip: We the people of God’s Kingdom have been given a wonderful gift in his word.  So let us not take this for granted, but let us use this gift by allowing it to be our guide in all that we do.     

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson
     

No comments: