Thursday, July 14, 2011

God is Fun!

But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful. – Psalm 68:3

What a hoot! I had so much fun “playing” with the women last night who came out to be in a commercial for an upcoming ladies conference. Fortunately, we had two very patient camera men. There truly is a joy and gladness felt when gathering with brothers and sisters in the faith for the same purpose—it’s fun!

God wants that joy to spread. He has plans for more to enter his kingdom and he uses us to work out that plan. Who do you know that needs to know the joy and gladness of the Lord? Invite them in. Show them how much God loves them.

Perhaps you are going through a struggle today. God knows and cares. He sends people into your life to help you. Knowing the joy of the Lord is your strength (Psalm 28:7). Your strength comes in knowing God is there. He hasn’t left you to fend for yourself. Rejoice in that truth.

Prayer: Thank you, Jesus, for the great love you have for me and for the times I can express my joy of you with others. I pray that I can remember your faithfulness whenever I come across a struggle. Amen

Faith Tip: Gather with other Christians and enjoy your time together. Expand the circle to those who need to know that joy.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: