Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sweet Fellowship

But it is you, a man like myself, my companion, my close friend, with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship at the house of God, as we walked about among the worshipers. –Psalm 55:13-14

This past week I have enjoyed sweet fellowship with other Christians.  Last Tuesday evening I enjoyed a delicious meal and attended a band concert with the widows/widowers in our church.  On Saturday morning, I fellowshipped with those from our church, as we washed cars for free in the church parking lot.  Saturday evening the church praise team gathered together for an enjoyable time.  Sunday evening we enjoyed fellowship as a church at a picnic.  This morning I had breakfast with a good Christian friend of mine.  It is truly a blessing to fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ.

Although we are called to go out and reach those who do not know Christ, we must also be intentional about having regular times of fellowship with those who are in Christ.  It is this fellowship that encourages, builds up and strengthens us in our faith.  Without these times of fellowship our faith will falter and fade.  Like one craves the taste of sweet chocolate, as Christians we must crave the sweet fellowship with one another.

Prayer:  Thank you Lord for my brothers and sisters in Christ.  Help me to find time to spend with them so that we may enjoy sweet fellowship together.  Amen.

Faith Tip:  Today put it on your calendar to attend a Bible study, a small group, or some other gathering where you can fellowship with other Christian believers.

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson
 

No comments: