Friday, July 1, 2011

Yea, Daddy's Home!

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. – Revelation 3:20

Every day, my dog, Charlie, and I have this ritual when my husband, John, comes home from work. I first tease him by saying, “Is that daddy?” Charlie’s ears will perk up. When John drives in the driveway, I say, “Yea, daddy’s home!” The excitement begins as Charlie prances back and forth deciding which toy to bring him when he walks through the door.

When Jesus knocks on the door of our heart, what is our reaction? There is excitement in welcoming Jesus. Sometimes I don’t think we allow ourselves to express it though. We begin to take Jesus for granted, and don’t bother looking for something to bring him as our gift. Do we even put the newspaper down and acknowledge his presence?

Jesus is happy to be with you. The excitement is yours if you choose to act on it.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, your presence in my life has been wonderful. I am excited for what you will do each day. Please forgive me when I take you for granted. Amen

Faith Tip: Ask the Holy Spirit to refresh your spirit.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: