Friday, July 15, 2011

There You Are!

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?” – John 11:25-26

There were acrobatics, face painters, musicians, singers, belly dancers, and more performing downtown. Every Thursday night, my town closes the main street downtown for this gathering and many people come out to enjoy it. Last night, a friend and I had dinner and walked around to watch the entertainers. It was a perfect summer night.

As I walked down the street, I saw a little boy who I thought looked like my great nephew from New Jersey. I then looked at the adults that were with him and recognized them too. They were visiting for the week. We were excited to see each other, hugged and talked. Afterwards, as we continued down the street, I recognized a couple of ladies from my church. We again were glad to see each other and talked.

I imagine that is what heaven will be like. As we walk around the streets of gold, we will see people we recognize and will be so happy and excited to see them. The love we share in this life will not die when we do, but multiply as we enter eternal life. What a great reunion that will be!

Prayer: God, it is so great to know that the people I love today who know you as their Lord and Savior will be with me for eternity, and I can continue to love them. Knowing you will be there in person is so exciting. Amen

Faith Tip: Pray for the people you love who don’t know Jesus as their personal savior, so that they will be part of the great reunion.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: