Monday, July 18, 2011

Storms of Life

I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. – Psalm 61:4

Last week, as I was working in the church, a strong, violent storm rolled through Holland.  I could hear the rain, but didn’t think much of it, because I was safe and sound within the church.
It wasn’t until I left the church and went outside that I realized the great power of the storm.  Large trees had been blown down, power-outages covered the city, stop lights were not working and traffic was at a standstill.  Although all this was happening around me, I was unaware of the impact of the storm because I was sheltered within the church.

When we encounter storms in life we can take refuge in the shelter of the Lord.  Although all around us it may seem like our world is falling apart and chaos is reigning in our lives, we can run to the Lord and find comfort, peace and protection.  No matter how big the storms in your life are, when you run to the Lord he will take care of you.

Prayer:  Thank you Lord for protection and comfort in the midst of the storms of life.  Help me to remember to seek you when I am scared and troubled so that I may take refuge in the shelter of your wings.  Amen.


Faith Tip:  What storm is rolling through your life today?  Is it illness, stress, finances, difficult decisions, relationship problems?  No matter what the storm is, run to God and seek shelter under his wings.   

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson

No comments: