Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lavish Love

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. – 1 John 3:1

My friend who is a grandmother who does a lot of fun things with her grandkids told me today that when she took care of a neighbor’s four children, she took her eight year old grandson with her. After they left from babysitting the children, her grandson said, “Grandma, those kids loved on me so much, I felt like their father.”

God desires us to love on him. When we do, we realize that he is our father. Is there someone in your life that you have loved on? What was the reason for that? With love, there usually isn’t any other reason than the love. It feels so good to show love to someone, especially when you know they will return the love. God guarantees that his love will never fail (Psalm 89:28). He promises that nothing will separate us from his love (Romans 8:38-39). It is abundant. Bask in his love as the child of God that you are.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for your abundant love for me. I pray that I take time daily in all I do the great love I have for you. Amen

Faith Tip: Brainstorm on ways you can love on God. 

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: