Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Do I Know You?

I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, - Philippians 3:10

Last night I received a call from a special person in my life, and it’s the first time we have heard each other’s voice. She is a client of mine who has become a friend and is a sister in the Lord. It was so fun to hear her cute Texas accent, although she said she liked my accent (didn’t know I had one). We have emailed messages and work back and forth for quite awhile now and shared our hearts. Through this, I feel like I know her more than many acquaintances I have in my community. My heart was filled with joy in the simple time of talking on the phone.

I believe that’s how it feels when Jesus is calling. As we send messages back and forth with Jesus through prayer and meditation of his word, we come to know him more. Although some friendships on earth are only for a season in our life, the relationship with Christ is constant. Knowing him more will bring more truth in our lives of his power and love. Knowing Jesus fills our hearts with joy and peace that is beyond our understanding.

Prayer: Dear Lord, I boldly come before your throne knowing that you welcome me. I thank you for your word that shares this truth. I pray that I can today live life in peace and joy knowing and trusting your power and love. Amen

Faith Tip: Put effort today in knowing Jesus. See the difference it makes in your life.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: