Thursday, July 28, 2011

Winning

“I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” - Philippians 3:14

I love to play Scrabble. I have reconnected with a high school friend through Facebook who lives in Pennsylvania and happens to be a Scrabble master. Playing against him has sharpened my Scrabble skills to where I can actually be close to beating him. I press on…

Pressing on means to persevere and work towards a goal. Each of our calls differs, but they all lead us heavenward. In Jesus, we have everything we need to press on and reach the goal set before us. The prize is within our grasp. Don’t give up, but press on.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for the call you have put on my life. I pray that your Spirit will refresh me on those days I don’t feel like pressing on. It’s all for you, Jesus. Amen

Faith Tip: Feeling discouraged in reaching your goal? Look to Jesus for the strength to go on and finish the race victoriously.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: